Special needs fostering
Children needing foster care include those with :
• medical conditions or physical or learning disabilities, such as
autism, hyperactivity, attention deficits, or reading difficulties.
They often need:
• extra special love
• care and attention
• in some cases may need to be placed in foster homes that have
a downstairs bathroom and bedroom.
• some may need special medication or care routines.
Their carers must be:
• interested in helping them reach their full potential
• be willing to undergo training
• if appropriate, to learn related communication or medical skills
Support and ongoing specialist training is provided to fostercarers willing to undertake this often highly rewarding work.
Simply Fostering has Fostering Agency members who specialise in providing foster carers for disabled children.
For further information contact us